2770 Capital Street
Wylie, TX 75098
Geographic Information System (GIS) Analyst
Job position: Full-time
Job location: Wylie, TX
Cardinal Strategies Engineering Division is seeking an enthusiastic Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst to join our team. This is a practical, hands-on position using GIS tools to produce cartographic products for the broad needs of our specialty water resources company. This position would benefit greatly from working knowledge of topographic data and geo-databases. This position is based at our corporate office in Wylie, TX office.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Provide mapping services to water resource engineers
- Create output, such as maps and graphs, using computer and GIS software and related equipment. Present information to users and answers questions
- Participate as a team member on various projects that lend themselves to be developed in a GIS environment
- Review existing and incoming data for accuracy, quality, consistency, usefulness, and documentation
- Oversee entry of data including application of coordinate geometry, keyboard entry of tabular data, manual digitizing of maps, scanning and automatic conversion to vectors, and conversion of other sources of digital data
- Support/maintain data standards throughout the company
- Provide technical assistance and training on the ESRI product line: ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, and other ArcGIS Apps products
- Update and maintain general GIS database and work with other GIS staff to keep up with new public data as its released
Specific requirements for qualification are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to GIS/mapping
- Entry Level position – no prior professional experience required
- Previous experience using AutoCAD drawings in ESRI products a plus
- Ability to design professional cartographic products
- Excellent leadership, verbal, written, problem-solving and listening skills is a plus
If interested in applying for the position, please fill out and submit the online application today.
Cardinal Strategies is an equal opportunity employer.