2770 Capital Street
Wylie, TX 75098
Water Resources Engineer - Project Manager
Job position: Full-time
Job location: Wylie, TX
Cardinal Strategies Engineering Division is currently seeking an experienced professional engineer to serve as a project manager/project engineer in our Wylie, TX office.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Serving as the primary signing engineer on various types of stormwater management/water resources related projects
- Management of schedule and budget for multiple ongoing projects for various clients
- Technical proficiency in industry-standard hydrologic and hydraulic modeling software and other drainage calculations
- Training and oversight of staff with varying experience levels
- Frequent written and verbal communication with local, state, federal, and private entities
Applicant should be a professional engineer licensed in the state of Texas with a minimum of five (5 years of experience performing and managing projects that focus on hydrology and hydraulics. The position requires the ability to perform routine engineering work related to stormwater modeling that requires the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
Specific requirements for qualification are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and an active professional engineer (P.E.) license in the State of Texas. Licensure in other states is a plus
- Extensive, proven, technical experience using industry-standard software including HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, ArcGIS, Autocad, and Microsoft Office products. Experience with other hydraulic software types is a plus
- Firm understanding and experience implementing common hydrologic and hydraulic principles such as the Rational Method, Unit Hydrograph Methods, Manning’s Equation, and tabular closed system analyses
- Experience with various FEMA LOMC submittals and coordination is preferred
- Understanding of Texas Dam Safety Regulations and dam breach analysis methods is a plus
- Strong technical writing ability
- Ability to manage multiple fast-paced projects while utilizing and training younger staff
If interested in applying for the position, please fill out and submit the online application today.
Cardinal Strategies is an equal opportunity employer.