2770 Capital Street
Wylie, TX 75098
Water Resources Focused Engineer-in-Training
Cardinal Strategies Engineering Division is currently seeking an experienced engineer in training for our Wylie, TX office.
Job position: Engineer-In-Training (EIT), Full-time
Job location: Wylie, TX
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Assist in hydrologic and hydraulic calculations in support of flood studies, reclamation studies, detention studies, and flood control and erosion control design projects
- Utilizing Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for various tasks
- Utilize AutoCAD Civil 3D for the development of design plans and grading plans
- Prepare technical documents related to work projects
- Complete assignments within the scoped budget and timeframe as assigned
- Interact with clients to develop working relationships and stronger communication through project progress meetings
Applicant should be able to perform routine engineering work related to stormwater modeling that requires the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Registered EIT within the State of Texas or able to become registered within three months of starting this position
- Experience with hydrology and hydraulic software as follows: HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, ArcGIS, AutoCAD Civil 3D, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in developing Stormwater master plans or completing flood studies is a plus.
- Experience with FEMA LOMRs is a plus
- Firm understanding of common applications such as the Rational Method, Modified Rational Method, Unit Hydrograph Methods, Manning’s Equation, and HGL calculations
- Communicate clearly through strong technical writing as well as in verbal situations such as meetings and phone conferences
- Work well in a team environment, be able to take direction from multiple project managers concurrently and be able to accommodate multiple concurrent priorities successfully
- Work well in an environment where work is being directed from multiple office locations
If interested, please submit your online application today.
Cardinal Strategies is an equal opportunity employer.